Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced gamer, the right laptop is critical for your gaming experience. Fortunately, there are a number of options available, including the 144Hz laptop. These 144Hz laptop are able to deliver smooth gameplay and visual effects, so you can play your games in full-HD with crisp detail and vibrant colors.
Table of Contents:
- Asus ROG Strix G17
- MSI GE75 Raider 17 Premium Gaming Laptop
- Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop
- Sager NP7879PQ
- 165Hz display of ASUS Zephyrus G15
- 240Hz display of ASUS Zephyrus G15
1 – Asus ROG Strix G17
Asus ROG Strix G17 is a 17.3-inch full-size gaming laptop that offers a solid performance. It has a powerful CPU, a 144 Hz refresh rate, focused firepower, and an advanced GPU. But it also has some quirks. It’s not as good in high-fps games, and it doesn’t have the fancy gimmicks of the more expensive models.
- Strix G17:
Like the Scar 17, the Strix G17 uses Liquid Metal on the CPU to keep temperatures low. However, it has a much simpler design. The keyboard has rubber-dome keys, and it is more affordable than the more expensive models.
- The thermal design is similar to the Scar 17.
- The Strix G17 is equipped with two high-capacity fans, and it has a number of heatpipes.
- Its fans can turn off if the hardware is under 60 degrees Celsius, but they can ramp up to increase airflow if it’s warmer.
- Strix G17 features:
The Strix G17 features an active touchpad, which helps to provide more precise control during gaming. It also has dedicated hotkeys that sit above the left side of the keyboard. The keyboard has per-key RGB lighting, and the space bar has been extended.
- The keyboard also features directional arrows that are isolated for fingertip control.
- It has a large active touchpad, which makes it easier to handle multiple applications.
- It also has a digital numpad.
The Strix G17 is also available in Volt Green and Eclipse Gray. It comes with a GC21 camera for video chats. It’s also equipped with Bluetooth 5, wireless 6, and Gigabit LAN. It has eight cores and 16 threads, and it has a TDP of 45W.
2 – MSI GE75 Raider 17 Premium Gaming Laptop
Whether you’re a first time gamer or a seasoned veteran, the MSI GE75 Raider is a mid-range gaming 144Hz laptop that is built to perform. It’s designed to handle demanding tasks and deliver a smooth gaming experience. The 144Hz laptop features a 17.3″ 144 Hz IPS display, a powerful 8th generation Intel CPU, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics.
- GE75 Raider :
The GE75 Raider comes in two configurations. The standard model features a 65 Wh battery and a GeForce RTX 2080 graphics card. The upgraded model offers a faster graphics card, a larger hard drive, and more SSD storage. The upgraded version is also lighter.
- The MSI GE75 Raider features a 4.2 x 2.4-inch touchpad.
- The touchpad is responsive and supports precision drivers.
- The GE75 Raider also has three USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports and a Mini DisplayPort.
- It also has an SD card reader.
- The ports are located on the left side of the 144Hz laptop. Sadly, the 144Hz laptop does not have a Thunderbolt 3 port.
- large space speakers
The GE75 Raider also features a large space for speakers, and the speakers are loud for a 144Hz laptop. They sound clean and rich. The GE75 Raider has a good amount of cooling, too. It’s not as durable as some of its rivals, but it’s also not the thinnest 144Hz laptop out there.
- In our tests, the GE75 Raider performed better than the Acer Predator Triton 700, and surpassed the Gigabyte Aero 15 X9.
- We had to turn off the Xbox One gamepad to get a good gaming experience, but the graphics were excellent.
- We were able to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 1920 x 1080, and at high and ultra settings.
3 – Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop
Featuring a sleek design, the Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 144Hz Laptop is a great choice for gamers who want a quality gaming machine at a budget price. It’s available with a variety of powerful hardware and GPU options, including a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics card, an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and Windows 10 Pro.
- Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop :
The Legion 5 features a 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with a 144Hz laptop refresh rate. It also offers Dolby Vision, a feature that enables gamers to see objects and people in the game more clearly.
- The 144Hz laptop also comes with a user-replaceable storage drive.
- It has two USB Type-A ports, a USB Type-C port, HDMI 2.0 and a Kensington security lock slot.
- The Legion 5 features a 720p fixed focus front camera.
- This isn’t the best camera on the market, but it’s decent for video conferencing.
- The Lenovo Legion 5’s design includes a logo that lights up when the system is turned on, but doesn’t actually do anything.
- The Legion 5’s speakers are good enough.
- They sound tight, but don’t have a lot of bass. They are also a little smaller than the drivers on the Asus TUF Dash F15.
The Legion 5’s cooling solution is not the most sophisticated, but it’s pretty effective. It features an intelligent intake system and an exhaust fan. It’s also turbo-charged, which allows for a higher-than-average airflow.
4 – Sager NP7879PQ
Whether you’re looking for a 144Hz laptop for gaming, browsing the web, or just doing the everyday things, the Sager NP7879PQ 144hz laptop is the right fit for you. With a fast processor, ample storage, and an incredible screen, this laptop is perfect for the modern gamer.
- NP7879PQ 144hz laptop:
The NP7879PQ is powered by an Intel Core i7 11th Gen processor. It features a maximum turbo frequency of 4.6 GHz, a 24-MB cache, and is built for high-performance. The NP7879PQ also features a new cooling fan design with more blades. This helps to maintain optimal performance even under pressure. It has a 144Hz laptop refresh rate, which helps to reduce motion blur and provide a smoother screen. The NP7879PQ also includes NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics. These graphics cards leverage thousands of shader processors to provide superior performance.
- The 17.3″ Full (1980 x 1080) IPS display offers great viewing angles, 300 nits of brightness, and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- The NP7879PQ also has a 72% NTSC color gamut, which helps to render the best broad-spectrum color possible. It’s also compatible with HDR.
- The NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics card is an excellent choice for those who want to play high-end games.
- It leverages AI-based technologies and provides a realistic experience.
- It’s also ideal for watching movies, especially those that utilize VR technology.
The NP7879PQ comes with 16GB of DDR4 system memory and 500GB of SSD storage. Using SSD storage makes it faster and easier to boot and load programs.
5 – 165Hz display of ASUS Zephyrus G15
Asus’ Zephyrus G15 has a 165Hz display. This is a significant improvement over the 1080p panel on the Zephyrus G14. It also comes equipped with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GPU. This GPU is capable of averaging 58 fps on Red Dead Redemption II at maximum settings. This is not the fastest refresh rate, but it is still enough for everyday gaming.
- Asus’ Zephyrus G15:
The keyboard on the Zephyrus G15 is a solid piece of kit. It is well spaced and has dedicated volume and media keys. The key travel is 1.7mm. It lacks the NumPad section and extra columns of Function keys. However, it has an Armory Crate key that opens the Armory Crate software.
- The Zephyrus G15’s 15.6” QHD screen is a great option for watching movies and playing games.
- It features Dolby Vision and an excellent color accuracy.
- The IPS panel has a good contrast ratio, and it covers 100% of the sRGB color space.
- It has a 3ms response time.
- The Zephyrus G15’s speakers have good sound.
- They are not as loud as some other gaming 144Hz laptop, but they are a solid option for gaming.
- The fans only really kick in when multitasking, and are inaudible in basic use.
Asus’ ROG Zephyrus G15 has a great battery life. It can last around 9 hours of non-strenuous use. This is impressive, especially for a 15.6-inch gaming 144Hz laptop. Its trackpad is also good. It’s slightly elevated, which provides an easy typing position.
6 – 240Hz display of ASUS Zephyrus G15
Whether you’re buying a new 144Hz laptop or upgrading an existing one, a 240Hz display is a major upgrade. Compared to a 144 Hz laptop panel, the 240Hz screen isn’t as bright, but it’s still a significant improvement. It also gives you the option to run games at QHD resolution.
- 240Hz display:
A 240Hz display means that your 144Hz laptop can show every frame that your powerful hardware produces. This improves the experience of gaming, especially at high speeds. The Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 is a gaming laptop that is both solid and affordable. Powered by AMD’s Ryzen processor, the G15 also has 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, as well as a 76Wh battery.
- The Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 comes with a 15.6-inch screen with a resolution of 2560 x 1400.
- It also has a 240Hz refresh rate and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-series graphics card, which provides major memory bandwidth improvements.
- It also has dedicated Ray-Tracing cores.
- The interior of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 measures 14 x 9.6 x 0.8 inches.
- The lid is made from brushed black metal and has a black ROG logo, as well as status LEDs.
- It has a clickpad that is made of plastic. The keys are clunky and the clicks are a little off-putting.
The Asus Rog Zephyrus G15 is a good gaming laptop that performs well in most titles. However, it doesn’t have the IR camera and dedicated Mini DisplayPort that other premium gaming laptops have. It also doesn’t have a finger-sensor. It’s also not quite as compact as the Zephyrus G14, and doesn’t have as much power as TUF Gaming A15s.